LIFE LESSON #8 - BE OBSERVANT





I've been scanning pages from several issues of PULSE magazine, an entertainment rag I worked for in the late 1980s. I'll be referencing them in several of my future blog posts.








Here's an ad from 1988. It's for a bar I used to go to fairly regularly in Mississauga called ENTEX. When I looked at this ad I nearly flipped.




Why the *$#@ wasn't I paying attention back then?! Why did I just notice this ad now?!




Ian Hunter AND Mick Ronson on the same stage together for 9 bucks!




Sadly, Mick Ronson passed away a few years after this gig. Mick was the archetype of the rock guitarist and his work with David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust years was some of the most awesome guitar work ever.


Ian Hunter -who was a mainstay of Mott The Hoople, and had a great solo career - was a legend in his own right. My favorite thing about Ian is that he played in a band who released a single called Yorkshire Relish, Caravan. It's a name that conjures up the early years of Spinal Tap.




If I ever get a chance to travel back to the past and meet myself, the first thing I'm going to do is bring this ad, shove it into my 20-year-old hand and say; "Go to this concert or you'll regret it!"



No comments:

Post a Comment